I just got a food processor for my birthday. First recipe I make? Hummus.
- 1 clove of garlic, processed finely on high
- 2 15.5 oz. cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup oil* (extra virgin olive oil or other oil), plus one tablespoon for for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon (~1 half of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
*I skipped the oil when processing and it worked well. I still added a bit of jalapeño oil to top it off.
- After processing the garlic on high, add all ingredients and process on low until smooth, should be less than 30 seconds. If necessary, scrape anything off the sides and continue processing.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl. Create an indent, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with any additional desired spiced for seasoning.